FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ACSIA Partners LLC
It's Good to Search for Long-Term Care Insurance, Even Better to Search for a Good Agent, Linda Jobin Advises
Fairport, NY February 27, 2020 -- Many people in the market for long-term care (LTC) insurance go to their browsers and enter a search term such as "long-term care insurance" or "long term care quotes." That’s fine, "but don't stop there," says Linda Jobin, NY-based agent with ACSIA Partners LLC.
Searching for a policy generally leads to a web form that you submit, triggering contact from an agent, Jobin points out. "Good, but then you need to make sure the agent is knowledgeable and worthy of your trust; so I recommend a more nuanced, two-stage search. The second stage is learning more about the agent."
“I recommend three key ways of getting to know an agent before talking with them,” says Jobin. “The three ways involve checking out their background and developing a sense of trust.”
(1) Search for them by name. “If you learn of an agent by submitting a web form, you don’t have to talk with them right away,” says Jobin. “Ditto if a friend or associate recommends someone. Go to your browser and enter their name followed by long-term care or the letters LTC. For example, type in Linda Jobin LTC.”
“In most cases, if an agent has been in the business for a while, there will be several search results,” Jobin continues. “Click on these and you may be led to a personal website, news of their activities, or other information such as their picture or comments from clients.”
(2) Find them in a professional group. “An excellent group for this purpose is the LTC Guild,” says Jobin. “Unlike most associations, the LTC Guild lists members publicly by name, with their backgrounds and pictures. Go to ltcguild.com, click on Members and enter the agent’s name. You may also search for their name on Google or Bing followed by LTCguild. For example, Linda Jobin LTCguild. See if they belong (a good sign), and check them out including any posts they may have contributed.”
If you’re willing to submit a form first, other good places to find agents include the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI), Agent Review, and through the Certification in Long-Term Care (CLTC) program.
(3) Find them on social media. Platforms well populated by LTC agents include LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
"I highly recommend doing this online research," says Jobin. “Before spending time on the phone with any agent, it can make a difference if you start by confirming their expertise and developing your own comfort level with them.”
“In fact,” Jobin continues, “I even recommend this in my own case. Whenever I get an inquiry, I often tell the person, ‘Check me out online, and then let’s talk.’”
As a certified long-term care insurance agent, Jobin helps families and businesses find the right policy for their personal planning needs and preferences. Jobin also advises on other planning options, which include:
- "Hybrid" policies (typically life insurance with long-term care riders)
- Worksite long-term care (individual voluntary plans with group advantages)
- Annuities with tax-advantaged long-term care features
- Critical illness insurance
- Additional protections including long-term care education and referrals to care services
Jobin may be reached at http://RELIABLEINSURANCEADVICE.COM or 585-739-2319.
Jobin is a licensed long-term care insurance agent who represents the company in AZ, CA, CT, FL, IA, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA.
In California the company is known as xACSIA Partners Insurance Agency; in other states, as ACSIA Partners.
# # #
A decade ago my dad passed away from Parkinson’s disease. He was widowed so decisions about his care fell on my sisters and me. He wanted to stay at home but because he didn't have long-term care… Read More